Using Nitrous Oxide - Dos & Donts
Your body depends on a steady flow of oxygen. Oxygen is your friend (unless you're a single celled animal, in which case oxygen is incredibly toxic) -- you want to continue breathing. Oxygen doesn't interfere with your nitrous trip, it keeps you alive. Sit down, breathe, spin, laugh; its GOOD to be alive!
- Sit down
- Hyperventilate a bit to get your oxygen levels up
- Have someone clearheaded use the cracker
- Take some air with your nitrous
- Pass the balloon to someone else
- Hold your breath
- Put any sort of bag over your head. If you pass out, you want to breathe. People have died doing this.
- Strap a gas mask to your face. If you pass out, you want your body to get oxygen. People have died doing this.
- Lock yourself in a room, closet, car, or refrigerator with a tank of nitrous and open it. People have died doing this.
- Stand up and do it. Stay away from open windows, pools, canals, bottomless pits, etc. People have died doing this.
- Do it while driving a car. People have died doing this.
- Try to inhale N20 directly from whippits, or point escaping gas at anyone. The gas WILL give you frost burn. Balloon broke? Try a condom or a garbage bag!
- Use a large tank without a regulator or which isn't strapped down.
- Use a tank when you're high. Seriously. You're going to burn your hands.
- Use homemade nitrous. Unless you are a chemist, you're likely to get a load of rubbish like NO2, H2NO3, and other yummy toxic things.
- Bogart the cracker. Everyone wants another too! No one likes a bong hoarder, and no one likes a Nitrous Whore.
- Be an addict. If you do 5 at a party, you're not an addict. If you've a coffee can full of empties and you trip on whippets on the floor when you get up -- uh, check the mirror.